Vermont Police have agreed to change the agency’s policy on the use of stun guns. The Burlington Press said under the new policy, police will give special consideration to how Tasers are used on people with disabilities. They’ll also use the devices only if a person is armed and presents a risk of harm or if there aren’t any other reasonable alternatives to maintain safety or take a person into custody.The policy change was prompted by a complaint after a trooper used a Taser on an uncooperative 23-year-old man with developmental disabilities.A representative of the Disability Rights Vermont advocacy organization said besides developing a new Taser policy, state police also agreed to pay a small financial settlement to settle the complaint.
- Safety Gear HQ: Offering high-quality personal safety products online
- Ensure personal safety with stun guns, pepper sprays and other security equipment
- Safety Gear HQ: Offering a large selection of stun gun
- Safety Gear HQ: Meeting safety products requirements of customers
- Safety Gear HQ: Offering top-quality safety products online