Spy cameras and hidden security cameras are still a mystery to many citizens. You’ve seen them used on TV shows, news stories and movies. You may remember various undercover TV shows that centered around stings done to lure clients to under age prostitutes-NBC made a lot of money on that.
One of my favorite movies starring Gene Hackman featured an overhead smoke detector that had a hidden camera that caught a senator with a prostitute. “Mission Impossible” movies and featured a lot of hidden cameras as well.
Hidden security cameras or spy cameras used to be used only by law enforcement agencies and the CIA mostly because they were so expensive. They were the only ones that could afford them. Back then there’s so complicated to operate no one else could figure out how to use them.
Thanks to a lot of interest in them the number of companies manufacturing them has increased. Their capabilities have increased making them easier than ever to use while keeping the costs down. Now anyone can afford a hidden spy camera.
A successful hidden camera is meant to catch people doing things they shouldn’t be doing-the old hand in the cookie jar idea. They are simply board cameras placed inside common objects that people are used to having around. Some examples include alarm clocks, radios, wall clocks, thermostats and many more.
Some models have DVR’s built into them like the digital alarm clock hidden security camera with DVR.
Spy cameras and hidden cameras have many uses. Here are the top five most common uses for hidden security cameras.
1. Home security is the most popular use. You can place a hidden security camera near the most commonly used entrance or exit to see if anyone is sneaking into your house when you’re gone.
2. Business security-to catch a cheating employee. Place one over or near your cash register to see who’s stealing from you.
3. As a nanny camera-to keep an eye on your nanny or the local kid babysitter to make sure that they are doing their job and not stealing or drinking your liquor.
4. To keep an eye on your spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend-cheating in a relationship is easily caught with a hidden spy camera.
5. For employee training-a hidden camera can easily document the good or bad aspects of a sales presentation for example.
These are the most common uses of a hidden security camera but they have many other uses too.